Monday, August 20, 2012

Testimonies (continued)

Another Testimony from the work that Jesus is doing in the hearts and minds of college students at UMF through the work of InterVarsity. Enjoy! "My Experience at InterVarsity My experience at InterVarsity has truly been a great life changing occurrence that brought a better knowledge and understanding of God’s word, who He is, along with His amazing love, grace, and power into my then overwhelming life. Growing up spirituality has always been a significant part of my life. Fortunately at a time where it was beginning to fade, not have any sign of faith and after losing all hope of ever finding it near the University of Maine Farmington campus, it was finally found! My spiritual lifestyle was surely replenished at a whole different level. I was first introduced to the group at a time where I was not having such great second semester. A dear friend of mine proposed the idea of joining a group activity right there on the campus. She began to name all sorts of groups, but the one that I was truly looking for was one that involved the enhancement of my spirituality. The One that had been seeking me to come back into His loving arms and try to develop my morality even more was finally mentioned, and that was InterVarsity. I was truly at my lowest point and was not willing enough to take any other advice that was recommended by my other friends, my roommate, or family, and I decided to give it try. The first time I went I had a great time and it made me want to continue going. As I continued attending, I was enabled to gain wonderful friends, who are almost like family to me now. I learned how to strengthen my relationship with God. InterVarsity to me is not just a church service as I thought it would be, but it is now more than that, based on of my experience of going to the devout gathering. To me it is a time to worship, pray, sing, and listen to His word, giving you the opportunity to be around amazing people that share a great faith in God with you. Lastly it is the perfect place to reinforce your relationship with God wherever starting point that may be for any individual." -Breann

No comments:

Post a Comment