Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Newsletter

Charles W. Ellis August 1st 2012 InterVarsity Christian Fellowship 159 Perham St Apartment 1 Farmington, ME 04938 (207) 491-8964 Greetings, Chuck here with a brief update on what Jesus has been doing at UMF through InterVarsity Christian Fellowship. I want to again thank You all for your continued partnership in the ministry here. It has been exciting over the years to see that way that Jesus works on campus but also in the provision of finances for the ministry budget each year. Every year God has faithfully provided and each year it has become less and less stressful for me as I trust God and watch him work. Normally though there is a rush for me after the school year ends to push forward in finding the funds to make budget by the end of June(the end of our fiscal year). This year however that was not the case in fact without me making a funding push at this time I was able to end the year with a surplus of $1200 and I ask that you celebrate this with me and praise the Lord for all of the different ways in which he provides for our needs. There are still financial needs in the ministry and I have been working from a bare-bones budget in order to be able to end the year in the black. During this time I have not received the normal annual increase that all staff workers with InterVarsity receive and if I am able to raise another $3000 this year I will be able to be at a full budget and receive my collective 3% annual increase that I have received for the past 3 years. This means if 12 people are able to give at $25 a month I will reach my goal and I would ask that you would prayerfully consider either beginning to support or increasing your support of the work Jesus is doing. Moving on from finances I have heard from many of you the desire to either have me bring students with me when I speak at your churches, which for one reason or another hasn't seemed to work out, or hear from student the impact Jesus is having on their life. I am excited therefore to be able to share with you testimonies from both former and current InterVarsity students on how Jesus has impacted their lives. I hope and certainly believe that you will enjoy and be blessed by these testimonies. I know I did and was. Before you go on to those please join with me in praising the Lord as this last year we saw 5 students make first time decisions for Christ and another 3 students recommit their lives to Christ. This is really exciting and in reality the most students we at UMF have seen become Christians in a single year since I got involved in InterVarsity as a student almost 10 years ago. I also believe it to be the result of years of preparation and learning and understanding how to share the gospel on the UMF campus and that this is only the beginning of God drawing people unto himself. I ask also that you would pray with me that the Lord would send workers into the fields of UMF and that he would continue to draw his lost sons and daughters unto himself. Thanks again and please be sure to enjoy the testimonies! Your Fellow Worker In Christ Jesus, Charles William Ellis Campus Staff Member UMF

No comments:

Post a Comment